Translate

Wednesday, 13 November 2013

Wanderlust tag




This is one of my fave tags I have made...I tried a technique I have seen Mark use- and that is to emboss the whole image with clear embossing powder...it really makes the colors pop!  I used two images from The Octopode Factory- a frame and Cedric.  I colored him with copics, used a kraft tag, and stenciled on spots and stripes with Distress Ink, then used a Tim Holtz stamp for the background along with a bit of striped paper from Basic Grey.  The sentiment I am pretty sure is from Create with TLC and the ribbon is seam binding.


Challenges:
The Octopode Factory- spots and stripes
Through the Craft Room Door- anything goes

thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

mark gould said...

Great tag Carla. Love how all the elements are working together. I'm glad you like the shiny finish too. U love how it helps bring the colours out. Thanks for jou I v us at the octopode factory x

Roberta Swisher said...

What a fun tag! I can see why it's one of your faves. I'm going to have to try the embossing method...such a cool effect.
Thanks so much for sharing this week at TTCRD. We hope to see you back very soon!
hugs--
Roberta
Through the Craft Room Door DT
Queen Bee Paper Crafts

Julie Short said...

Hi Carla,
I too love the Octopode stamps though it is ages since I played with them! What a terrific sentiment to pair with sweet Cedric!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love the colors of your tag- and the embossing- looks great. Love the sentiment!